Thursday, July 9, 2020

Cape Reinga - top of Aotearoa with my whanau. Jezakaia Room 3

Jezekaia travelled up north for a tangi.  It was a sad occasion but also one where whanau got to show off special parts of Aotearoa.  Go here to read more from Jezakaia.

The Cape

On 26th of June me and my family travelled to the far north for a tangi in Ngataki .Waking up at our Marae was something else!   There were no trees in the way and all there were was a stunner sun and white clouds!  

In our spare time we made a Road trip to the top of our country to visit Cape Reinga, it was about a 40 minute drive away from our destination. It was a beautiful experience to be out in the country area - not many people are able to travel to the top of our country but we did!

It was also good to hang out with my beautiful family. We passed some avocado farms, sand dunes and heaps of beautiful beaches on the way. It was nice being at the cape indulging the ocean view and soaking up the fresh air. I can't wait to visit again in summer with my Family.

No comments: